Thursday, April 3, 2014

Getting my art on...

I finally made it to the Tampa Museum of Art to check out the exhibit Graphicstudio: Uncommon Practice at USF. It was a great exhibit that showcased some of the amazing talent that has been associated with the Graphic Studio on the Tampa campus. I liked all of the artist but the one who stood out the most to me was James Rosenquist. I loved his piece, "Welcome to the Water Planet."
Rosenquist's piece is a lithographic collage and I liked it the most because I love lotuses. They area absolutely beautiful flowers and I love how Rosenquist used them in his collage. The colors are beautiful and the setting is very peaceful. The whole exhibit I found to be very interesting and very relaxing. It was a great day to get my art on in Tampa.

No comments: