Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What Do You Want To Do Before You Die?



What do you want to do before you die? Good question, right? I can think of billion things I would do before I leave this place. So what got me thinking of this somewhat morbid topic? Facebook of all things.
A friend of, Janae (Thanks Janae!!) sent me the link on Facebook to become a fan of beforidieiwantto.org. Janae is cool people and she would never send me something I wouldn't want to be a part of so, I became a fan.
I went to the site and started reading about it. It was set up as kind of a saying "good-bye" to Polaroid film and to document what you would want to have accomplished before your death. It is a very moving site. The Hospice link got me the most. It has pictures of people who are terminal and they wrote on their picture what they wanted to do before they died. This really made me think...what do I want to do before I die?
I always said I would take my mom to Italy before she dies, but that just a great dream. I'm not saying I will never do it, but the only person the trip will make a difference to is my mom. What do I want to do before I die! The only real thing I'm good at is writing. My words are my most valuable and prized possession. I can use them to make a difference in someone's life. That is what I want to do before I die. Maybe I can get other people's words heard and between us we can make a difference before we die. What do you think?
P.S. If anyone has a Polaroid camera laying around with film in it, get in contact with me because I really want to be part of this project! Thanks!

No comments: